April 30, 2015

Teach me Thursday

Hello everyone,

Happy Thursday!!!

It's Teach me Thursday over at My Creative Time!!
Means we are showing you any kind of tutorials,either by showing it with photos or Videos! And since i am not sure,about Videos i'de reather show you my tutorial with photos!! ;)

Ok,first of all,i am so bad when it comes to tutorials!! I am not the "WOW,i have amazing ideas,that the world needs to see" type of crafter!! haha

And even with this one,i had some help from my 10 year old daughter,as we where coloring eggs a few weeks ago! I bought a coloring Kit for her,which included,3 cups,3 egg colors and somce rice! You add some rice to a cup,add the color and egg and shake it!! The eggs looked so cool.But what i loved more,was how the rice looked after it!! ;) So,a shaker card was the next thing i thought of! :)

And here is what i used:
- Rice,
- Alcohol Inks,or i am pretty sure that reinkers will work too.But not Distress Ink reinkers.I tried   it,since these are the only ones i have.I already thought they wouldn't work,but i tried it anyways! ;)
- a cup,glass or whatever will work,i used this WOW! Foil Melt-It case
- I also cut down a piece of cardboard as my lid


First i added some rice to the foil case


 Than i added some drops of the Alcohol Ink...actualy a lot ;)


Closed it with the "lid" and shaked it for a few seconds


And here is the finished product! I had let it dry for about 3 - 5 hours,just to make sure i won't mess up my cardstock,when i add the rice to my card!


And here,i used some blue and red Alcohol Inks,since me as a purple lover need everything in purple!! hehe 



And here is my card
I also added some black sequins to the rice



Supplies:
WOW! Opaque Bright White Regular Embossing Powder,
WOW! Clear Gloss Regular Embossing Powder
Clear Wink of Stella,
Black Glitter Paper ( small stripe ),
Spectrum Noir Markers


Thank you so much for stopping by!!
Hope everyone will have a great day!!

10 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Love your card super clever and creative for your rice shaker....and definitely loved your Mommy/daughter story that was adorable....have to say how clever about the rice who knew!!
Way to go!! Great tutorial pics too!!
Love the ways you used Miss Emma's goodies and the color is so beautiful.
YOU so ROCK!!

Crafting Katie said...

What a fun and clever idea! Love this, Cindy!

Pamela said...

Cindy your tutorial was fantastic! Thanks for sharing it! I never would have thought of it!

quilt4fun2 said...

This would have worked for Inspiration day also. What a fun idea from coloring eggs! Beautiful job on your card and on the tutorial. You may not be a "The world needs to see this" crafter but so glad you thought of this and showed us how you did it :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kay Miller said...

OMGoodness!! You are SO cool Cindy!! What a great idea and So fun!! I love the way the rice looks too! Really pretty and neat card! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! ((Hugs))

Jen Mitchell said...

I never in a million years would have thought to use rice in a shaker card but I LOVE the idea. You are SO clever! This could be the next stamping craze!

Unknown said...

What a cool card the rice was the greatest. What a way to think out of the box everyone uses glitter and sequins this is just above it all.

Jen Timko said...

Yep, you are brilliant! Such a clever and fun idea (and something I actually have in my house). Adorable card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Super, super stunning!

cm said...

Innovative and inspired, Cindy! Your tutorial is EXCELLENT; your use of the coloured rice for the shaker element is BRILLIANT! And the feathers...perfection! Bottom line: love x love your amazing card!
Hugs~c