April 22, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #183

Hello everyone,

Happy Wednesday!!

Welcome to a new Freshly Made Sketches Challenge!!
We have an awesome Sketch from our lovely Linda Callahan!! LOVE her Sketch for this week!!

This card was my second try! I used Pattern Papers on the first one,BUT i didn't like it at all! It's so hard for me lately to work with Patterns! Which is sad,since i'm a paper "collector"! ;) I have tons of 6x6 packs here! But whenever i try to use more than one sheet on my cards,it just doesn't work!!
So,i went back to some watercoloring and THAT made me happy again! hehe
I used Broken China and Iced Spruced for the watercolored tag and flicked some Heidi Swapp black and white colorshine on it!
I covered the black and white balloon and the white stars with WOW! Black and Clear Glitter embossing powder!  For the black stars,i used Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents!
The stripes on the bottom are also heat embossed with black glitter powder!


Supplies: Clearly Besotted - Basic Stripes - Happy Word Die - Sentimental Type ( birthday ), My Creative Time - Tag Die - Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies + More - Stitched Party Dies - Thanks for the Lift ( stars ), American Crafts - Twine

Stop by the FMS Blog and check out the beautiful creations from the Clean Team!
Can't wait to see your creations!!!

Thank you for stopping by!!

11 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

This card is gorgeous, Cindy! I love the black and white with a pop of color. This would be perfect for our watercolor challenge at The Paper Players, too!

~amy~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Linda Callahan said...

So splashy and fun! Love your watercolor background and that black embossing is a showstopper!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card Cindy! I love that watercolour! I'm pretty sure if I tried that it wouldn't work!!! Love the balloons and the sparkle! I think it looks amazing against the white background!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, I love your watercolored background! And the shiny balloons and stars are so fun for a birthday card. Love this!!

Kay Miller said...

You are awesome Cindy!! I love the colors and your watercoloring is just fabulous! You created a work of art here! And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog today! ((Hugs))

Karren said...

Your blue, black and white color scheme is just stunning as is your flag background. Super cool card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh yep! This is my favourite - look at those amazing colours!

Cindy Hall said...

I love your watercoloring so much! The combination of colors with the crisp black and white is awesome. LOVE it!

Jen Timko said...

I'm completely enamored with that tag background. What a fabulous backdrop for those awesome elements. Great card.

cm said...

You sound like me: loads of patterned paper that I love, but seem incapable of working with...I'm loving my dies and inks just as they are. Plain Jane! Your card, however, is NOT Plain Jane, but vibrant, bright, bold and gorgeous! Love the watercolour, the blues and blacks, the tag and balloons...everything! Stunning!
Hugs~c